Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 261

There is something about pigtails that automatically makes almost any little girl look just adorable.

I remember those pigtails. I remember every Sunday getting up before church so my grandma could pull and tug my hair into two perfect fountains of hair. She always had ribbons to match my dress- something I didn't appreciate as a toddler like I would today. I'm pretty sure the dress I'm wearing was handmade by her or my mom, which is why the ribbons in my hair match the ribbons on my dress so precisely. Sometimes she would go one step farther and braid the pigtails, interspersing the ribbon through the braid. It makes my scalp hurt just thinking about that...

I have no idea what I am holding in my hand. Could be a cookie. Could be a potato chip. Could be just about anything according to my facial expression. I can still recreate that exact same look when I'm holding a piece of laundry between my fingers that I just picked up off the floor and am looking at my husband or son...

Tonight's pic celebrates Throwback Thursday and childhood pigtail memories.This picture was recently hung on the wall at my mom's house- I guess us parents never stop thinking of our kids as just that. Kids. It made me stop right there in the hallway, remembering snatches of that photo shoot. Go take a peek at an old picture and photo album once in awhile. It will do your heart good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment