Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 244

If there was a wagon around, I definitely would have fallen off of it over the last 24 hours....

I have allowed myself yesterday and today to eat whatever I wanted, without guilt or remorse. It began at the 11-year old's football game yesterday, where I purchased a frozen Snicker's bar from the concession stand I had so dutifully avoided the last few weeks.

Then I went to dinner at Friendly's. Fried chicken strips with bacon, cheese, and chipotle sauce on grilled white bread- with french fries of course. And don't forget dessert! A Cracker Jack sundae with salted caramel ice cream, caramel sauce, cracker jack popcorn, and whipped cream ended the meal. And let's just say there was no "To Go" box in my arms as we walked out....

Breakfast this morning came entirely from my market trip- farm fresh eggs, real bacon, honey-wheat bread (2 slices!!) with strawberry jam, and tomatoes from my own garden out back.

At this point I was in GI overload, and I skipped lunch without coming close to being hungry. I nibbled on a cucumber mid-afternoon, and decided to make dinner a bit early since I had a volleyball game this evening.

I opted for a compromise for dinner- low fat bison burgers were the main course, but I totally ate it on a white bun. With mayonaise....Sweet potato fries substituted for traditional white potato ones, and I drank crystal light instead of the beer that was calling my name from the fridge.

Tonight was a double-header game at volleyball. It was quite hot out, and one of my teammates offered to buy me a drink to celebrate my triathlon success... and well, I hated to offend him. Have you ever looked at how many calories are in one of those Bud Light margaritas though?! "Light" my arse....

Driving home, I knew this was my last hoorah, so I swerved into the Wendy's drive-thru and ordered a medium Frosty. I savored each bite on the way home, glad it was dark out so no one could see my facial expressions of ecstasy as each creamy, chocolate spoonful went down. I had one pit stop at Walgreen's before I got home, so I destroyed my Wendy's evidence in the trash can provided in their parking lot.

 By the time I got home, my poor stomach had finally said, "Enough is enough". I couldn't blame it really- I mean, I had been feeding it relatively nothing but clean and healthy food for weeks now, and had shoved enough sugar, grease, and processed junk at it in the last 24 hours to make even Honey-boo-boo have a belly ache.

So tonight I am thankful for Tums. They have seen me through some rough patches, including pregnancy and ulcer-inducing periods of my professional career. Tomorrow I will climb back on the wagon, and can only hope that my clothes still fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment