Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 269

Tonight is sweet and simple.

We went to get ice cream after our volleyball game tonight. As we walked up to stand in line, I noticed two dogs that were getting ready to leave with their owners.

Basset Hounds.

My heart immediately melted. My first dog was a basset hound. His name was Flash. He was a great dog, and I was blessed to have 14 years with him.

Tonight's pic represents reminders of our past, and how family dogs can hold a place in your heart as dear, if not dearer, than your actual human family. I mean, I literally am tearing up writing this minuscule post. If you've never lost a dog, it's hard to understand. But I can still smile immediately upon seeing a basset hound dope-tee-doeing along with their sad eyes and floppy ears. So no more tears- just happy memories of stubby legs and lots (and lots...) of slobber and dog hair :).

No comments:

Post a Comment