Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 267

I took my weekly trip to the library last weekend, and found a movie that I have been wanting to show the 11-year old.

The Matrix.

Boy oh boy was that a movie of it's time. I remember watching it and thinking the special effects were absolutely phenomenal. I also remember being slightly confused the first time I watched it about the story line.

But hey, who cares about a story line when there is Keanu Reeves and a hot lady who wears black leather to look at, right?

As I suspected, the 11-year old loved the first movie of the trilogy. He even made a comment about it "not being bad for a movie made in the 1990's".

Hey. It was 1999, thank you very much.

Of course, the library did not have the second or third movie, so we set out on a mission to the used video store. And, I have to admit, the fact that I bought all three movies for a total of $6.99 made me realize they really must be old movies....

Tonight, we finished off the second section of the Matrix trilogy. I think I enjoyed it as much as he did, but I have always had an affection for action movies- especially ones where there is a strong female character that kicks ass. I grew up in the generation of Speed and Point Break with Keanu Reeves, and remember waiting in eager anticipation for the next movie trailer to come out and announce when I could see him again.

I love movies that are trilogies, or quadrogies,...or whatever. They are different than movies that are named "2", as they leave you on the edge of your seat at the end of the movie. With a trilogy, you know the story isn't over, and you leave wondering what will happen next. Movies that wind up with a sequel have ended with an actual conclusion, and don't have the same lingering effects.

So tonight's pic celebrates Trilogies and sharing movies of your generation with another generation. And I agree with the 11-year old- it's a pretty good movie for being made in the 1990's.

No comments:

Post a Comment