Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 60

In my Ohio suburb today, it was mostly sunny with temperatures in the mid 40's. After the weather we have had over the last few months, this felt like a true spring day. Being the first of March, the sunshine and warmer temperatures seemed blissful and appropriate,

But everyone in my neighborhood knows the truth- winter is not gone. In fact, we are supposed to get anywhere from 5 to 10 inches of snow and ice over the next 24-36 hours. Yeah. Happy Bleeping March.

Today I was supposed to both swim and run (according to my training chart/list...). But at the last moment I decided to skip the swim and take advantage of the warmer weather. I ran twice as long as I was going to originally, since I didn't hit the pool. And yes, I am still a little twitchy from altering the plan...

But as I ran around (and up and down and through and around again) the neighborhood, I could tell that I wasn't the only one trying to grasp onto these last few hours of Springiness. Cars were parked at the end of driveways (including mine) so kids could ride their bikes and shoot basketball. Dog owners were out in force, and I waved to many a fellow jogger on my journey. Yard work was being done, baseballs were being thrown in yards,

and garages were open and getting cleaned out. I got home from my run and the 10-year old was outside shooting hoops. We took our own dogs for a walk, allowing them to meander and sniff all they wanted.

So today's picture is of my backyard. I know it's nothing special, but you can see it much clearer since the sunshine inspired me to wash the glass doors! Tomorrow morning I am sure the view will be quite different, and I am happy that my family and others got a day of sunshine and fresh air before being cooped up again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment