Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 87

This time of year, many days tend to be cold and damp. The kind of weather that just chills you to the bone, in a different way from wintertime coldness. It's the time of year for hot soups, reading books huddled under fuzzy blankets, and hot showers. 

Yes, hot showers. I love 'em. The hotter the better. I look like a sunburned sunbather and the bathroom looks like a sauna when I get out. My skin is dry and my fingers are wrinkly- but by God I'm warm. 

Some people like to travel because they get to see new places and try new things. One of the best parts of traveling in my mind is that hotels have almost an endless supply of hot water. At my house, I have to strategically plan my shower around my husband and son- plus the dishwasher and washing machine!

Tonight was one of those nights I was chilly. Of course, I had just taken the 10-year old for ice cream in flip flops, so I'm sure that didn't help. But when he asked me if he could take his shower in the morning instead of tonight, I gladly conceded- knowing that I could now get in and use up all the hot water guilt-free. Mother if the Year? Nope- but I was too cold to feel bad about it.

Today's pic celebrates that "ahhh" feeling when the first spray of hot water hits a cold, tired body. 


No comments:

Post a Comment