Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 70

How do I get myself to slog through something I don't want to do? Well, I bribe myself of course. Today was a perfect example. For every portion of a project I got through, I rewarded myself with an M&M. Sounds silly, but don't knock it till you try it.

But once I get through the next portion of the project and look down at all of the colorful candies in front of me, how do I choose which one to eat first?

Well, by the color of the rainbow of course. I eat all of the red ones first, then move to orange, yellow, etc. This seemed perfectly natural to me until I mentioned it to a friend at work and she looked at me like I had a mental disorder. Like maybe OCD.

Oh well. I know I can't be the only one out there with nuances like that. My step-daughter never liked one part of her food touching another part on her plate, and she alway ate all of one portion before moving on to the next. She started with whatever she liked the least (usually the vegetable), ate all of it, then progressed to the meat, and so on. I have seen people sort out their M&Ms by color on the counter (I don't sort BTW. I just eat in rainbow order from however they fall out of the bag), and I know others who don't put salad dressing on their salad, choosing instead to dip eah bite into a small bowl of dressing on the side. So I'm not the crazy one, or at least I'm not the only crazy one.

Right?

Today's picture represents rewarding yourself for plodding through those necessary tasks in life that you'd rather not do. Go ahead- eat an M&M. Just don't eat the blue one before the orange.




No comments:

Post a Comment