Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 85

Call me Jack. Cuz I have planted a whole lotta seeds! 

I got the vegetable gardening bug last summer after planting my very first raised bed garden. I had great success and was  suprised at how much I enjoyed the whole process.

This year, I decided to try to grow some things from seed instead of just buying plants that are already established. So, I now have 5 different types of tomatoes, peppers, and all sorts of herbs in dirt, waiting to show the world the wonder of what can come from such a tiny seed.

And boy were those seeds tiny! It's truly amazing that a whole plant comes from something so minute. I had to concentrate super- hard so that I wouldn't drop any of them!

I will never take tomatoes at the grocery for granted again. They just don't automatically appear full-grown. I planted these mostly for fun and enjoyment- I can't imagine relying on the results of my labor for basic food on the table. I am so lucky not to have ever had to struggle or work so hard in order to have a full belly.

Today's pic represents the magic of planting a seed and watching it grow!




No comments:

Post a Comment