Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 66

A friend of mine is celebrating her birthday tomorrow night. This friend is very fond of things pink and/or sparkly, so I volunteered to bring Cosmos for all.

Now, I myself am a rum kinda girl. But I will make sacrifices for my BFFs of course. My mother makes a mean Cosmo, so I asked her for an ingredient list and stopped by the liquor store on my way home. I made sure to put away my work badge before going inside, but you could still tell that I had scubs on...what was funny was that there were literally 2 other women in scrubs in the liquor store as well!  I made my way to the cashier with my vodka, Triple Sec, cranberry juice, and limes. Oh- and a Rachel Ray magazine of course.

After getting home, feeding the 10-year old dinner, and playing with the dogs, I was faced with the dilemma of what to do with the rest of my evening. So, like any good friend, I decided that I should try out the Cosmo recipe for tomorrow night. After all- I would hate to serve something that wasn't fabulous to my friends, right? Right....

So it is now 6:27 PM on a Friday evening. I am in my pajamas (I did keep my bra and my tennis shoes on, so techincally I'm not totally in my pajamas. I know- it's a picture) and have a pink drink in a martini glass sitting next to me as I sit at the computer. I haven't decided whether to be thrilled that I have no other obligations other than relaxing and enjoying a quiet night with the 10-year old and my martini glass- or to be horrified that I am possibly turning into Maxine from the Hallmark cards. Oh well- at least I am comfy and safe in my own home with food in my belly (trail mix is food, right?) and an evening of movies with my family on the agenda.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment