Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 83

I am cursed with being perpetually cold. Especially my hands and feet. I've woken my husband up from a dead sleep just by slipping into bed and putting my feet up against him.

So this past Christmas, my husband filled my stocking with...well, stockings. Thick, soft socks in every color. They have become known as "Mom's comfy socks". Some people stash romance novels or....other things...in their bedside table.  I stash comfy socks.

I wear socks to bed in the summer- especially if the air conditioning is on. I wear socks AND slippers in the winter around the house. And even though I made damn sure my toenails were painted before leaving the house to give birth, I wound up wearing socks the whole time. Those stirrups are cold!!

So Tonight, as I settle in with the family
to watch The Hunger Games, I look at my socks and am thankful for a husband who buys me gifts that fit who I am and what I really need. Who needs flowers, or perfume, or lingerie? You just get cold in it...




No comments:

Post a Comment