Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 152

I was not a huge comic book fan growing up. I did love the TV shows associated with comic book characters though- The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, and of course...Wonder Woman. She was my favorite-  I had Wonder Woman underoos that my mom couldn't wash fast enough so that I could wear them again.

Over the last 10 years or more, comic book heroes have made one hell of a come back. TV is small change for these guys- the big screen is where they now live. Spider-Man and Hulk have had multiple mega-movies, and they are coming out almost one right after the other.

I love them.

I love all of them. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Catwoman, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Storm, Black Widow, and more.

I love watching good kick evil's ass. I love watching strong women kick men's asses. And I just plain love watching Thor. Cuz he is freaking hot.

And who doesn't love a superhero? They are timeless, staying alive for generation after generation. I firmly believe that 50 years from now there will still be children in the street pretending to be Spidey, as they flick their wrists making pretend webs come out.

Today we went to see the new Avengers movie. Wolverine rocked it as always, and I always enjoy seeing what new mutants are introduced to the mix. Good kicked evil's ass, and the end left you wondering what would be the next adventure.

As we walked out, I realized that my husband was wearing a Captain America t shirt. In my hand, I carried a bag from Old Navy where we had gone shopping before the movie. Inside, among khaki shorts and v-neck tshirts for my son and husband were two tshirts- Batman and again, Captain America.

So today's pic celebrates superheroes, and good kicking evil's ass. I'm still waiting for a Wonder Woman movie to come out, but I'm afraid she just isn't kick-assy enough for the big screen. Oh well. At least I  got to see Hugh Jackman's naked butt - I can settle for that. But I think I am gonna go looking for some new Wonder Woman underwear....



No comments:

Post a Comment