Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 154

About a year and a half ago, I went perusing at The Goodwill Outlet. Yes, I said outlet. I had no idea that Goodwill had an outlet- I mean, can you really get stuff cheaper than what you pay at the regular Goodwill?

Yes. Yes you can.

The Goodwill Outlet does not price items individually, except for large furniture. Everything else is weighed and you pay a flat rate per pound.

It is one huge storeroom with rows of large containers. The majority of it is junk (literally), but every once in awhile you find a treasure.

My Lawn Buddy was a treasure.

It's made of plastic so it weighs next to nothing, and cost me all of about $1.50 I think. But it's a workhorse. I garden a lot and maintain plants on all four sides of my house. I have 2 vegetable gardens and a couple of other areas on our property that I piddle around with. So I haul my Lawn buddy with me all over the yard, and it saves me countless trips back to the garage or barn.

It's much like a wagon, so I can throw whatever I am going to need that day in it. Gardening tools, potting soil, fertilizer, etc. But even better is that the handle folds over on top of the wagon part and turns the Buddy into a little bench on wheels- complete with a beer...I mean water holder.

As I relax this evening after a backbreaking weed-pulling and mulch throwing session, I am thankful for my Lawn Buddy. Because the older I get, the more the term "work smarter, not harder" becomes a mantra, not just something my mom told me...

No comments:

Post a Comment