Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 153

I've never in my life been so happy to see a penis.

That's right- Baby G is a boy. The kids got a sneak peek at 16 weeks with the help of a 2D ultrasound. He was a bit stubborn at first, but once he turned the right way there was no doubt he was a boy.

They got pictures, a DVD, and the neatest thing of all- a teddy bear. But not any teddy bear. They got a teddy bear that plays a recording of the baby's heartbeat when you squeeze it's tummy. That's just cool.

A name has been chosen, and I couldn't be prouder to say that Baby G's middle name will be the same as my husband's first one. That's just cool as well.

So now it's on. Bring on the Superman (my step-son's favorite superhero) and giraffes. I can't wait to start buying baby boy stuff again. Buying baby stuff just makes me happy. I don't know- some weird endorphin release or something. Or possibly hormone release...

It was neat to hear my step-son talk dreamily about seeing his own son sucking his thumb. He's so excited, and that's such a blessing. It truly is amazing to see a human being actually living inside someone you love. What a miracle.

Tonight's picture celebrates...., well...the penis I guess. And the honor of passing something as special as a name from one generation to the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment