Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 169

MAbout every other week, I go into work later than usual. A critical care unit runs 24/7, and my job as a nurse educator includes both day and night shift nurses. Working nights and evenings periodically helps me keep in touch with my night shift staff, something I feel is so much more important than many people realize.

When I first became a nurse, we worked 8-hour shifts instead of 12. Therefore, you had the day shift, evening shift, and night shift. I worked 3-11, and it was awesome. Of course, I didn't have children yet, so that was definitely a plus. But I loved being able to get up when I wanted to, and still have time to run errands or workout or lay at the pool before having to come in to work.

Today I am working 2-10. I was able to do laundry, dishes, clean my kitchen, go for a bike ride, and take the 11-year old to camp- all before 10:30 AM!

But the best part was getting to go out for sushi with my husband. We love sushi- but the 11-year old does not. It's not very often we have the opportunity to go for lunch without him, so this was a special treat. 

Today's pic celebrates lunch dates, and being thankful I have a job that is so flexible!



No comments:

Post a Comment