Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 163

I don't love running. But I do love new running shoes.

Isn't it always the best feeling when you put on a new pair of tennis shoes? I don't think I ever truly realize how worn down my old ones are until I put on new ones. Then I'm like, "Whoa. I guess I really do need a new pair..."

Although I am newer to running, I'm not new to wearing shoes down. Having been a hospital nurse for 15 years, I've taken the tread off many soles. 

This time, I actually went to a running store and had them fit me for running shoes. They put me on a treadmill and video taped the back of my legs and feet while I ran on a treadmill. Then, he played back the video very slowly to see how much my ankles turned and such. It was a little weird to see the back of my own calves- it's not an area of my body that I can really visualize. Which is probably good, beause they are ridiculously chicken-like...

Of course, they didn't have my Amazon-size in the store, so they had to order them in. Today, I got to pick them up- and I was actually a little excited to get home and run.

This is the first time I've had Saucony shoes. They are definately lighter than the Asics I am retiring, and have a firmer sole support as well. Most importantly, the colors match the majority of my workout outfits. Very important- I can't be running around the neighborhood worried about my shoes not matching my running shorts...

I put the first three miles on my new running shoes tonight. They felt great, and I am looking forward to using them for my first race this weekend. 

Tonights pic celebrates the foot-joy associated with new tennis shoes, and the anticipation of finally getting to see if all your hard work/training is going to pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment