Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 155

Today was...strange. Overall, it has been a strange week, mostly because someone has possessed my usually-organized brain and locked it up somewhere.

I've forgotten and screwed up all sorts of things. I forgot to put makeup on before going to work one day. I forgot my tennis shoes and scrubs in the locker at the YMCA another day. I forgot that I paid $225 for basketball camp and told my son he could have a sleep over the night before. Luckily, I have remembered to put a bra on each day this week, and as far as I know my socks have all matched...

In truth, I believe that much of my being "off" stems from feeling like there are just so many things to get accomplished and not enough time to do it. My mind is constantly racing from one thing to another, and there is always a bit of worry in the back of mind that something is going to be forgotten or not done to my satisfaction.

I'm also a bit off schedule, and you know how that is for me. I spent an unusual amount of time in the yard this past weekend, and so my usual indoor chores such as mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and folding laundry went to the wayside. I also didn't go to the grocery store, library, or pay bills on the day that I usually accomplish these goals. Therefore, every time I walk by the pile of laundry on the dining room table, I feel guilty- and my eye twitches just a bit.

The building that I work in has limited windows on my unit. I was busy enough throughout the day that I didn't notice if it rained or not, although I knew the weather had predicted storms. As I walked out of work, there was a part of me that was happy to see blue skies and white clouds. And there was a part of me that sighed, knowing that today was Wednesday- which of course means watering the yard, flowers, and garden (of course).

Then I looked over at one of the trees in the parking lot, and was elated to see it was surrounded by a puddle of water. It had rained after all! And it must have been a good one too, to leave such a nice bit of water behind.

I was saved. No watering of flowers tonight. And a wet yard meant no temptation to go out and finish pulling weeds in the front yard...

Tonight's pic represents a reprieve from duty, thanks to Mother Nature. And the reality is the world has not ended just because I haven't vacuumed in a while, or returned my books to the library at the exact moment they were due. But if anyone needs me, I'll be in the dining room folding laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment