Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 161

Some people don't like the rain. I agree that it can be frustrating- slowing traffic and making good hair days almost impossible.

But the gardener in me loves the rain. First off, I don't have to water- yeah! And my plants love summer rain- they grew quite a bit just from yesterday to today!

I got to harvest our first strawberry today. I've tried several times before to grow them without success, so the 1/2 of a strawberry that I ate ( I shared with the 11-year old) tasted extra sweet.

I trimmed some basil and parsley as it started to sprinkle this evening, and now it's a wonderful summer rain outside my window. No torrential downpours that can harm fragile leaves and vegetables- just a steady, calming beat that I can even leave my windows open for.

So today's pic celebrates summer rain and first harvests. Go ahead- open the window and close your eyes. After all, there's a reason rainfall is recorded for relaxation CDs...

No comments:

Post a Comment