Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 167

Long day, so short post...

I worked a little later than usual today, so I only had about 15 minutes once I got home to change into my sand volleyball gear before having to leave again. That actually left me 10 minutes to change and 5 minutes to check my garden.

I'm addicted to my garden. I have to check it every day, trimming dying leaves here and encouraging vines onto supports there.byous think I was OCD or something...

And tonight, I got to reap my first reward. Ladies and gentlemen, behold the first harvest of 2014. It's nothing fancy, but I just know it's gonna taste great! And I haven't

 grown squash before, so there's a little happiness of success for me as well . There's zucchini and more squash ready any day now, so I will be even more excited to do my daily check.

Today's pic represents the excitement and pride of a first harvest. I have cucumbers and tomatoes forming,  and even a baby watermelon the size of a pea. Good eats!


No comments:

Post a Comment